1. work, task, occupation
- wok bisnis business activities
- I hat tru long wok bisnis long ples.
It is very difficult to conduct business activities in the village.
- wok didiman agriculture
- wok kamda woodworking, carpentry
- Em i wok kamda long haus bilong mi.
He is doing some carpentry in my house.
- wok mak piecework
- wok painimaut research, investigation
- Em i wok tisa.
She is a teacher.
- Pinisim wok pastaim.
Finish your work first.
- Em i wanpela man bilong wok.
He is a good worker.
2. to work, process, produce, grow
- wok bung to work together, communal work
- wok bus (work bush) to make a patrol
- wok gol (work gold) to mine gold
- wok kaikai (work food) to work for board (not for wages)
- wok mani work for a wage, the money economy
- Em i lusim ples na kam long taun long painim wok mani.
He left village and has come to town looking for paid employment.
- wok mani stret (work money straight) to work straight salary
- wok nating work for no pay, volunteer work
- wok saksak (work sago) to process sago
- Ol mama i save wok saksak.
The women know how to process sago.
- Sapoti i wok long gaden.
Sapoti is working in the garden.
- Ol i wok long planim tapiok long arere long haus.
They are planting tapioca around the house.