1. to win
- winim kot (win court) to win a lawsuit
- winim pilai (win play) to win in a game
- Yu ken winim resis.
You can win the race.
2. to beat, to do better than
- Yu yet bai winim em.
You will beat him.
3. to complete
- winim skul (win school) to graduate
- Susan i winim fopela yia long yunivesiti.
Susan completed four years at university.
4. to blow, to inflate
- Winim gumi, mipela laik pilai futbol.
Inflate the ball, we want to play football.
5. to play a wind instrument
- Tita i save winim mambu gut.
Tita plays the flute well.