a leech (also snek bilong dringim blut).
- karim rabis i go ausait.
take the rubbish out.
2. poor, low class or status
- ol taun i pulap long rabis lain.
there are many poor people in towns.
3. worthless, useless
- ol sekonhan klos yu karim i kam, ol i rabis tru.
the second-hand clothes you brought me are really useless.
1. ridicule, put someone down, denigrate
- papa i kros na rabisim mi.
my father was angry and put me down.
2. make fun of
- ol meri i rabisim danis bilong mipela.
the women made fun of our dancing.
a poor man or woman, a beggar, someone of low status
- no gat wanpela man long lukautim ol rabisman bilong taun.
nobody helps the urban poor.
- kaikai i stap long raksak.
the food is in the backpack.
- Mi sapotim Blus long ragbi.
I support the Blues in rugby.
- Em wanpela ragbi klab.
It’s a rugby club.
- Nupela tim i bin givim skul long trupela stail long ple ragbi.
The new team showed how to really play rugby.
the south-east trade winds (May to October for the north coast of mainland PNG)
- long taim bilong rai, i no gat ren long Madang.
in the south-east season, it does not rain in Madang.
- i no taim bilong rai.
it is not the dry season.
the Rai Coast (in Madang Province).
a rifle (see gan)
- polis i karim raifol i kam.
armed police are on their way.