1. all right, to be well
- Mekanik mekim ensin i orait gen.
The mechanic fixed the engine.
- Mi orait.
I am well.
- sindaun i orait a situation that is just adequate, but not very good
2. to be adapted, good for, suitable
- Sampela hap i orait long planim rais.
Some places are suitable to plant rice.
3. to agree to, to be willing to
- tok orait approval
- Ol i no painim kaikai, orait ol i go bek long ples.
They didn’t find food so they went home.
5. at that time
- orait, wanpela de now, on a certain day… (in story telling ‘once upon a time…’)
to fix something, to cure
- Dokta i oraitim lapun man.
The doctor cured the old man.
of (used in names from English, e.g. Haus ov Assembli House of Assembly).
to turn over.
to turn something over.
overseas, out of the country
- Kopi bai go long ovasis maket.
The coffee will go to an overseas market.