1. about, around
- Ol dok i go nabaut.
The dogs went in all directions.
- ran nabaut run about
2. carelessly, here and there
- Em i mekim wok nabaut.
He did the job carelessly.
- Ol meri sindaun na toktok nabaut.
The women sat down and chatted about nothing.
3. things like that, etc.
- Em save danis, smok, nabaut.
She goes dancing, smokes, things like that.
- wanpela ten nain, naintin nineteen
- nainpela ten ninety
See also: Numbers in Tok Pisin
1. a number, a number rank
- Em kamap long namba 22 i go inap long namba 31 de long mun Julai.
It starts on the twenty-second day and goes until the thirty-first day of July.
- Em i gat inap namba.
He has the numbers (in a political sense).
- kolim ol namba bilong Bingo call out the numbers in Bingo
- namba wan (see nambawan) first
- namba tu (see nambatu) second
- namba nain Festival ov Pasifik Ats the Ninth Festival of Pacific Arts
- namba wan taim the first time
- namba wan ples bilong gavman capital
- putim namba to put first, to give a number
2. authority or rank
- Memba i gat namba.
The member has the authority/fame.
to count, to give a number
- Nambaim ol buk.
Put a number on the books.
the best (see namba, namba wan)
- nambawan man bilong win champion
- nambawan olgeta perfect
- nambawan tumas, nambawan tru the very best