1. sufficient, enough
- Em bai no inap helpim yu gut.
It won’t help you very much.
- Em inap kaikai.
That’s enough food.
- inap long equal
- i no inap inadequate, incapable
2. to fit, to be the right size or age
- Manki em inap long vot long ileksen.
The boy is old enough to role in the election.
- Su inap long mi.
The shoe fits me.
3. to be suited for, able
- Dok i no bin inap long kisim em.
The dog wasn’t able to get him.
- Inap yu painim sampela pren.
Why don’t you find some friends.
- i no inap impossible
- no inap mekim fail
- Ol i no inap win long mipela.
They are not able to beat us.
4. until, up to about
- Em i kamap long Mande i go inap long Fraide.
It starts on Monday and goes until Friday.
- stap inap long Mande to stay until Monday
to satisfy, to give enough
- Inapim mani long baim kaikai.
Give enough money to buy the food.
indigenous (usually as ples)
- De bilong Indipendens bilong Papua Niugini Papua New Guinea Independence Day
die, faint (see dai).