west (also wes).
a hoe (also baira).
to hoe something, to trim something (also bairaim)
- Em i hapapim gaden kaukau.
She is hoeing the sweet potato garden.
half past the hour
- Em i hapas faiv nau.
It is now half past five.
the day before yesterday
- Meri i kam long haus hapasde.
The woman came to the house the day before yesterday.
1. to halve, to divide into halves
- Meri i hapim wok tasol.
The woman only did half a job.
2. to fill half full
- Man i hapim botol long kerasin.
The man half filled the bottle with kerosene.
- hapim long tupela hap divide in half
mixed-race, mixed ancestry
- Mi hapkas Tolai na sentral.
I’m of mixed Tolai and Central Province ancestry.
the opposite side, the other side
- Go long hapsait long banis.
Go to the other side of the fence.
- Haus bilong mi i stap long hapsait long wara.
My house is on the other side of the river.
the day after tomorrow
- Skul i stat gen long haptumora.
School starts again the day after tomorrow.