side road, track leading off a main road or track
- liklik hanrot small sidetrack
to hold up
- Ol man nogut i hansapim mi na i stilim olgeta mani bilong mi.
The bad guys held me up and stole all my money.
side stream, tributary
1. a half, a piece, a part, a remainder
- hap tok i tok part of this message is
- Em i hap stori na hap singsing tu.
It is half a tale and half a song.
- givim hap long to share something
- Mi nupela long Mosbi na mi no save gut long dispela hap.
I’m new to Port Moresby and I don’t know this area.
- hap i stap yet remainder
- hap san yet still daylight
- Hap su bilong yu we?
Where is your other shoe?
2. side, direction, here
- long hap i go on the opposite side
- Mi no gat arapela hap bai mi go stap.
I have no other place to go.
half and half, half done, not complete a little bit, so so
- Wok bilong em i hap hap tasol.
His work is only half done.
1. to do work in parts, to do a poor job
- Kamda i hap hapim wok bilong haus.
The carpenter did a poor job on the house.
2. to cut a thing into halves
- Hap hapim mango.
Cut the mango in half.
east (also is).