high, up (also antap).
Derived from the German vocabulary ‘Heiden’ which means ‘heathen’.
- pasin haiden heathenism
hydro, water power.
- hailans haiwei/hailens haiwei Highlands Highway
to raise, to hoist.
to raise or hoist something
- Haisapim plak.
Raise the flag.
high school, secondary school.
1. to be hidden, secret, concealed
- ples i hait a concealed place
- Tupela meri i tok hait.
Two women were telling secrets.
2. to hide
- i hait i stap to remain hidden
- Mitupela i laik sindaun long ples i hait long san.
We like to sit in a shady place.
to hide, conceal something, to protect something
- Diwai i haitim haus long san.
The tree protects the house from the sun.
- haitim tok to conceal the truth
high tide, a flood season
- Long Novemba em i taim bilong haiwara.
November is the time of floods.