- babeku sos barbecue sauce
- Baga ya i no save pret long ol raskol.
This fellow is not afraid of the criminals.
- Ol manmeri bilong ples i save laikim tru dispela man. Bikos baga ya i wanpela man bilong wok tru.
Everybody in the village likes him; It’s because the guy is a really hard worker.
1. damaged, spoiled, ruined, broken
- bagarap olgeta to be completely wrecked, to be demolished
- Balus i bagarap.
The plane is wrecked, the plane crashed.
- Kanu i bagarap.
The canoe is damaged.
- Kaikai i bagarap.
The food is spoiled.
- Balus i no orait tumas, em i bagarap liklik.
The plane is not good, it has some damage.
- Rais i no gutpela, em i bagarap olgeta.
The rice isn’t any good, it’s spoiled.
2. to be badly hurt or injured
- kisim bagarap long birua hurt by an accident
- Lek bilong em i bagarap.
His leg is badly hurt.
- Planti manmeri i bin kisim bagarap.
Many people were badly hurt.
3. not working properly
- Ka i bagarap.
The car isn’t working.
- Masin i bagarap.
The machine is out of order.
4. very tired, feeling sick
- Mi bagarap tru long kus.
I am feeling sick from a cough.
- Mi bagarap pinis.
I am very tired; I am sick; I am done for.
1. to damage or hurt something badly
- bagarapim olgeta to ruin completely, demolish
- Strongpela win na ren i bin bagarapim ples.
Strong winds and rain damaged the village.
- Wanem taim yu bagarapim lek bilong yu?
When did you injure your leg?
- Pik i bagarapim gaden.
The pig ruined the garden.
- Em i bagarapim meri na nau meri ya i gat bel.
He raped the woman and now she is pregnant.
3. bagarapim marit adultery
(also baimbai, bambai)
1. will, shall
- Mi no go tude, bai mi go tumora.
I’m not going today, I’ll go tomorrow.
- Bambai yumi mekim wanem samting?
What will we do?
- Mi bai kam, mi wetim susa.
I will come, I’m waiting for my sister.
- Spot woksop bai kamap.
A sports workshop will be held.
- Wok bilong em bai helpim gut ol pipel.
His work will really help people.
2. to show certainty
- Bambai mi painim.
I am sure to find it.
a decorative palm of the Cycas family
- Em i stap long Baibel.
It’s in the Bible.
bike, bicycle (also wilwil)
- motobaik motor bike
1. to buy
- baim bek redeem
- baim blut payback
- baim boi (buy boy) to recruit
- Man i bin baim pinis ol masin.
The man has bought all the machines.
- Man i go long maket bilong baim kaikai.
A man is going to the market to buy food.
- Pikinini i go long stua bilong baim rais.
The child is going to the store to buy rice.
2. to pay
- baim balus (buy airplane) to pay one’s plane fare
- Man i gat mani long baim balus.
The man has money to pay for his plane ticket.
- baim meri pay bride price
- baim kot (buy court) pay a fine; to bribe the court