1. to tighten
- taitim bun (tighten bone) to stretch oneself
- taitim han (tighten hand) to stretch out one’s hands or arms
- taitim pul (tighten pull) to paddle hard
- taitim rot (tighten road) to walk fast
- taitim skru (tighten screw) to tighten a bolt, nut or screw
- Taitim skru long taia.
Tighten the wheel nuts.
2. to pull
- Taitim rop strong.
Pull hard on the rope.
3. to exert oneself
- Tupela taitim pul na hariap i kam long ples.
The two of them rowed hard and got home quickly.
4. to make fast
- Taitim kanu long bris.
Tie the canoe to the wharf.
5. to secure
- Lapun i taitim trausis bilong em long rop.
The old man secured his trousers with a rope.
- Loya i taitim em long bekim tok.
The lawyer insisted on him providing an answer (to his question).