1. to shoot, spear or inject something
- sutim long nil (shoot (prep) needle) to give an injection
- sutim long supsup (shoot (prep) arrow) to shoot with an arrow
- Em i go long bus long sutim pik.
He is going to the jungle to shoot a pig.
- sutim tok to accuse, to allege
- No ken sutim tok nating, mi no stilim pen bilong yu.
Do not accuse me, I did not steal your pen.
- Em i go sutim pis long supsup.
He has gone to spear fish.
2. to prod, to hit
- sutim bel (shoot belly) to provoke, to tease, to challenge
- No ken sutim bel bilong Doris, nogut em bai kros.
Do not tease Doris, in case she gets angry.
- sutim nus (shoot nose) to make a fool of (someone)
- Sutim ol bulmakau long kanda.
Prod the cattle with the cane.
3. to send over
- Bai mi sutim wanpela plet long yu.
I’ll send over a plate for you.