1. a traditional festival (with dancing and often feasting)
- Ol i wokim wanpela singsing bilong man i dai pinis.
They are holding a festival to end a period of mourning.
- Ol waitman i save wokim singsing raun.
Europeans dance without singing.
- Ol man bilong Niuailan i save wokim singsing tambaran.
New Ireland men perform a traditional dance with face masks.
3. song, singing, ritual, hymn (also musik)
- Yu mas lainim ol long singsing.
You should teach them singing.
- Ol man bilong Rigo i save long wokim singsing bilong ren.
People from Rigo (in the Central Province) perform a rainmaking ritual.
- singsing isi (sing easy) to sing softly
- singsing wantaim (sing one time) to sing in unison