1. a sail
- daunim sel lower the sail
2. to sail, to soar
- Yumi ken sel i go long ailan long hap.
We can sail to that island over there.
3. canvas, tarpaulin
- haus sel tent
- sia sel deck chair
- Taitim sel long karamapim baksait bilong trak.
Fasten the canvas over the back of the truck.
4. a shell
- Mipela wokim kain kain samting long sel bilong trausel.
We make many different things from turtle shell.
5. shell fish
- Ol i go painim sel long rip.
They have gone to collect shellfish from the reef.
6. cell (biology).