1. to sharpen
- sapim pensil sharpen a pencil
2. to sharpen to a point
- No ken planim pos nating, sapim pastaim.
Don’t just sink the posts without preparing them, sharpen them first.
3. to carve, to hew
- sapim kanu (sharp canoe) to hollow out a canoe
- Lapun i wok long skulim ol yangpela boi long sapim kanu.
The old man is teaching the young boys how to hollow out a canoe (from a log).
4. to shave off a hill or embankment
- Ol i sapim maunten liklik long stretim ples long sanapim haus.
They flattened the top of the hill to prepare a site for the house.