- Samting mi mekim, yu no save long en.
I’m making something that is unknown to you.
2. a thing
- liklik samting a small thing, something of little consequence
- olgeta samting everything
- wanem samting which thing
3. etcetera (etc.)
- Buk i gat piksa bilong hos, bulmakau, samting.
The book has pictures of horses, cattle etc.
4. samting olsem approximately
5. samting bilong pait weapons
- Polis i kam na kisim na kukim olgeta samting bilong pait.
The police arrived and collected and burned all the weapons.
6. samting nating a trifle, something of no consequence
- No ken tingting long em, em i samting nating.
Do not give it another thought, it is of no consequence.
7. samting nogut
(1) something poisonous
- No ken kaikaim dispela, em i samting nogut.
Do not eat that, it is poisonous.
(2) something immoral or illegal
- Sapos yu mekim samting nogut, bai ol i kotim yu.
If you do something illegal, you will be charged.
8. samting olsem
(1) something like
- Jeli em i samting olsem puding.
Jelly is something like pudding.
- Tes bilong em i samting olsem puding.
It tastes like pudding.
- Yumi mas wokabaut i go samting olsem tupela aua.
We will need to walk for approximately two hours.
9. samting tru something of value or importance
- Em i samting tru.
This is important.
- Lav em i samting tru.
Love is of great value.