Skip to content
FYI: Rugby League in PNG
- Mi sapotim Blus long ragbi.
I support the Blues in rugby.
- Em wanpela ragbi klab.
It’s a rugby club.
- Nupela tim i bin givim skul long trupela stail long ple ragbi.
The new team showed how to really play rugby.
- The Papua New Guinea Rugby Football League (PNGRFL) is the governing body of the sport in PNG.
- The Kumuls are the men’s national team, who play in international competitions including the NRL-run annual Pacific Test and the Rugby league World Cup.
- The Raggianas are the women’s national team, debuting in the 2017 Women’s World Cup.
- The PNG Hunters are a Port Moresby-based club side playing in Australia’s second-tier Queensland Cup Competition.
- The Digicel Cup is a nationwide, franchised-based, top-tier competition in PNG.
- There are several provincial leagues in PNG including in Port Moresby, Lae, Goroka, Hagen, and Kokopo. Some clubs run men’s, women’s and junior teams.