- No gat pos opis long hia.
There is no post office here.
- Yumi salim ol pas long pos opis.
We send letters at the post office.
- Fransis i go long pos opis bilong salim pas i go long Siapan.
Francis goes to the post office to send a letter to Japan.
FYI: PNG has an efficient postal service and you can usually rely on your mail or parcels getting home, even if it takes quite a while. Note that there is no postal delivery in PNG, so everyone and every business has a PO Box.
- International aerograms cost K2.50.
- Letters or postcards up to 50g cost K5 to Australia and the Pacific, K7 everywhere else.
- A 5kg package costs K160 to Australia and K320 to the USA or Europe. You might’ve been feeling impetuous when you bought that 20kg skull rack, but you’ll be thinking long and hard about the cost of posting it home – K315 to Australia, K590 to either the UK or USA. All parcels are shipped via airmail as surface mail is a thing of the past.