1. all right, to be well
- Mekanik mekim ensin i orait gen.
The mechanic fixed the engine.
- Mi orait.
I am well.
- sindaun i orait a situation that is just adequate, but not very good
2. to be adapted, good for, suitable
- Sampela hap i orait long planim rais.
Some places are suitable to plant rice.
3. to agree to, to be willing to
- tok orait approval
- Ol i no painim kaikai, orait ol i go bek long ples.
They didn’t find food so they went home.
5. at that time
- orait, wanpela de now, on a certain day… (in story telling ‘once upon a time…’)