1. a number, a number rank
- Em kamap long namba 22 i go inap long namba 31 de long mun Julai.
It starts on the twenty-second day and goes until the thirty-first day of July.
- Em i gat inap namba.
He has the numbers (in a political sense).
- kolim ol namba bilong Bingo call out the numbers in Bingo
- namba wan (see nambawan) first
- namba tu (see nambatu) second
- namba nain Festival ov Pasifik Ats the Ninth Festival of Pacific Arts
- namba wan taim the first time
- namba wan ples bilong gavman capital
- putim namba to put first, to give a number
2. authority or rank
- Memba i gat namba.
The member has the authority/fame.