1. to make, to cause, to force
- mekim dai (make die) to kill / to stop something
- mekim dai kros to stop a quarrel
- mekim dai tok to stop a rumour
- mekim gut gen to correct
- mekim gut long benefit
- mekim i dai (also kilim) to kill
- mekim i gat biknem to make famous
- mekim i gat moa to increase
- Mekim i go i go.
This happened again and again.
- mekim i kirap nogut astonish
- mekim i orait gen (make (be) all right again) to fix
- mekim i pas long, mekim i orait long, mekim inap long adapt or adjust to
- mekim bel kol / mekim kol bel (make cold belly) to pacify
- mekim kol posin (make cold poison) to neutralize a spell
- mekim kot (make court) to hold a trial
- mekim lotu (make service) to hold a divine service, hold a church service
- mekim nabaut (make about) to do something carelessly
- mekim nating to do something without care
- mekim nogut to spoil
- mekim nogut samting (make no good something) to spoil (something)
- mekim ol i lap, mekim pani to amuse
- mekim ol i sarap (make all (be) shut up) to silence
- mekim paia light the fire
- mekim pasin nogut (make fashion no good) to do evil/to be guilty of bad conduct
- mekim planti toktok (make plenty talk) to gossip
- mekim planti toktok bai ol man i baim wanpela samting advertise
- makim poto (make photo) to take a picture
- makim pret (make afraid) to frighten
- mekim promis (also promisim) to promise
- mekim redi (make ready) to prepare
- mekim resis (make race) to have a race
- mekim rong (make wrong) to wrong (someone)
- mekim samting nogut (make something no good) to do something shameful
- mekim save to punish someone
- mekim save long, mekim pen afflict
- mekim skul(make school) to hold class, to instruct
- mekim sori aggrieve
- mekim stret gen amend (also stretim)
- mekim tok sori (make talk sorry) to make an act of contrition
- mekim tok tru antap (make talk true on top) to swear
- mekim trabel (make trouble) to cause trouble
2. to do, to act, to behave, to achieve, to accomplish
- mekim beten (make prayer) to say a prayer
- mekim gutpela pasin (make good fashion) to behave well
- mekim wantaim moa (make one time more) to do it again
- Em i mekim wok o nogat?
Are they doing their job or not?
- Yu mekim wanem?
What are you doing?
- Mi save mekim. (also Mi inap mekim.)
I am able to do it.
- Ol misinari i bin mekim planti gutpela samting
The missionaries achieved many good things.