1. to line up, to put something in line
- Lainim ol buk.
Line up the books.
2. to put in order, to arrange, to get ready
- lainim plet (line plate) to set the table
- Lainim ol samting bilong wok.
Get the tools ready.
3. to learn something, to study something
- lainim pasin bilong skul become accustomed to school ways
- Yu lainim wanem samting long skul?
What are you learning in school?
4. to teach someone something
- lainim hos (line horse) to train a horse
- Lainim ol meri long rit.
Teach the women to read.