1. to cook or bake something
- kukim bret (cook bread) to bake bread
- kukim kanu (cook canoe) to char a new canoe
- kukim kek bake a cake
- kukim long aven o paia bake
- kukim long stov to cook on the stove
- kukim long paia (cook (prep) fire) to roast something
- kukim paura (cook powder) to set off firecrackers
- kukim sospen (cook saucepan) to bake earthenware
- kukim nus prolonged nose rubbing as a Highlands way of courting
- marasin i save kukim skin acid
- Sampela taim em i save kuk.
Sometimes he does the cooking.
- Olgeta i save kukim kaukau.
Everyone knows how to cook sweet potato.
2. to burn up or destroy by fire
- Long Makam ol i save kukim kunai.
In Markham they like to burn the grass.
- Paia i kukim skul pinis.
The fire burnt down the school.
3. to heat
- San i kukim mi.
The sun burned me.