1. to waken someone up
- Kirapim em long slip.
Wake him up.
- No ken kirapim ol dok.
Don’t wake the dogs.
- kirapim tingting to remind
2. to start something (also statim)
- kirapim bel (get up belly) to excite, to arouse
- kirapim ensin (get up engine) to start an engine
- kirapim singsing (get up dancing), kirap singsing to begin singing or dancing
- kirapim skul (get up school) to start school
- Tisa i kirapim skul.
The teacher began class.
- Kirapim wanpela projek.
Start a project.
- Wok long kirapim dispela taun.
Work to develop the town.