1. can, be able to, possible, may, be willing to
- i ken possibly, perhaps, may be, probably, I am willing
- Ating i ken.
I think it is possible.
- i no ken impossible, incapable
- Yu laik paitim gita? i ken.
Do you want to strum the guitar? Perhaps/I am willing.
- Mi ken mekim.
I will do it.
- Mi mekim mekim, tasol i no ken.
I tried and tried without success.
- Pipol long ples i ken salim ol samting.
Village people are able to sell things.
- Husat man i laik kam, em i ken.
Whoever wants to come, can come.
- Yu laik go o nogat? i ken.
Do you want to go? Possibly (perhaps).
2. to be allowed to
- Yu no ken kilim man.
You are not allowed to kill anyone.