- Kate held the child’s hand.
Kate holim han bilong pikinini.
- to hold tightly holimpas
- to hold down a good job holim gutpela wok
2. to hold a meeting mekim miting, wokim miting
- to hold a church service mekim lotu
- to hold a trial mekim kot
- to hold a contest mekim resis
- to hold somebody up (criminal activity) hansapim
- hold on!
4. to hold somebody up, or hold something back (delay) mekim i kam bihaintaim, pasim
- They held me back.
Ol i pasim mi.
5. to hold something up (raise); putim antap, apim
- Hold up your hand!