1. (obtain, receive) kisim
- The man is getting his pay.
Man i kisim pe.
- I got your letter yesterday.
Mi kisim pas i kam long yu asde.
- to get an invitation kisim tanget
- to get married maritim
- to get one’s breath kisim win
- What do you want to get?
Yu laik kisim wanem?
- The man is getting the cat.
Man i kisim pusi.
- I’ll get my book first.
Mi kisim buk pastaim.
- They went to get the money. After they have got it, they will return.
Ol i go kisim mani. Orait kisim pinis, bai ol i kambek gen.
2. to have got to do mas
- I’ve got to go to the bank.
Mi mas go long beng.
3. to get to somewhere kamap long
- We’ll get to Madang at 11 o’clock.
Mipela bai kamap long Madang long ileven klok.
4. to get (become) ready redi long, redim
5. to get something done pinisim
- I got my homework done.
Mi pinisim wok bilong skul.
6. I got a haircut yesterday. Ol i katim gras bilong mi asde.
7. (have) gat
- She’s got a new house.
Em i gat nupela haus.
- She’s got brown eyes.
Ai bilong em i braunpela.
8. to get back kambek
- He got back from Daru yesterday.
Em i kam bek long Daru asde.
9. to get into go insait
10. to get off go daun, lusim
- He got off the ship.
Em i go daun long sip.
11. to get on (how a person is) stap gut
- How’s Demaris getting on?
Demaris i stap gut?
12. to get on go long, kalap long
- Where did Haris get on the ship?
Haris i go long sip long wanem hap?
13. to get out klia long, raus
- Get out!
14. to get out of the way of abrusim, abrus long, klia long
- to get out of the way of a spear abrusim spia
- to get out of the way klia long rot
15. to get something out kisim samting i kam
- Hetty got her guitar out.
Hetty kisim gita i kam.
16. to get together bung
- Let’s get together again tomorrow.
Yumi bung gen tumora.
17. to get rid of rausim
- get rid of him rausim em i go
18. to get up kirap
- Rose usually gets up at 6 o’clock.
Rose i save kirap long sikis klok.