- she is able to write.
em i save long rait.
- I am able to do it.
mi save long mekim.
- village people are able to plant food.
ol manmeri long ples i save long planim kaikai.
2. (physically capable) inap
- I am (physically able) to stand this post up.
mi inap sanapim dispela pos.
- she cannot (is not physically able to) harvest sweet potato.
em i no inap kamautim kaukau.
- are you able to go to town?
yu inap go long taun?
- he isn’t able to get the fruit.
em i no inap long kisim pikinini bilong diwai.
- will you be able to finish this job?
bai yu inap pinisim dispela wok?
adjective fit, fitman, fitmeri, strongpela
- able-bodied man strongpela man
adjective narakain, i no stret
- his behaviour is abnormal.
pasin bilong em i narakain stret.