Table of Contents
- Australian and New Zealand Association for the Advancement of Science. Science in Emergent Countries. Sydney: ANZAAS, 1970; Search vol. 1 no. 5; special issue on 42nd Congress of ANZAAS, Port Moresby, 1970.
- Morton, J. R., ed. The Role of Science and Technology in the Development of Papua New Guinea: the Policy Dimensions. Port Moresby: University of Papua New Guinea, 1984.
2. Biological Sciences
- Archbold, Richard and A. L. Rand. New Guinea Expedition: Fly River Area, 1936-1937. New York: McBride, 1940; reprinted New York: AMS Press, 1979.
- Australian Unesco Committee for Man and the Biosphere. Report: Symposium on Ecological Effects of Increasing Human Activities on Tropical and Subtropical Forest Ecosystems, University of Papua New Guinea, 1975. Canberra: Australian Government Publishing Service, 1976.
- Gressitt, J. Linsey, ed. Biogeography and Ecology of New Guinea. The Hague: Junk, 1982.
- Lamb, Kenneth Percival and J. Linsey Gressitt, ed. Ecology and Conservation in Papua New Guinea; a Symposium held at the Wau Ecology Institute . . . 1975. Wau: Wau Ecology Institute, 1976.
- Paijmans, Kees, ed. New Guinea Vegetation. Canberra: Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization in association with the Australian National University Press; Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1976.
3. Earth Sciences
- Bleeker, Pieter. Soils of Papua New Guinea. Canberra: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization in association with Australian National University Press, 1983.
- Blong, Russell J. The Time of Darkness: Local Legends and Volcanic Reality in Papua New Guinea. Canberra: Australian National University Press, 1982.
- Johnson, Robert Wallace and N. A. Threlfall. Volcano Town: the 1937-1943 Eruptions at Rabaul. Bathurst, New South Wales: Robert Brown & Associates, 1985.
- Knight, C. L., ed. Economic Geology of Australia and Papua New Guinea. Melbourne: Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, 1975-76.
- Löffler, Ernst. Geomorphology of Papua New Guinea. Canberra: Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization with Australian National University Press, 1977.
- McAlpine, John Roger, et al. Climate of Papua New Guinea. Canberra: Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization in association with Australian National University Press, 1983.
- Taylor, G. A. M. The 1951 Eruption of Mount Lamington, Papua. Canberra: Bureau of Mineral Resources, Geology and Geophysics, 1958.
4. Human Geography
- Brookfield, Harold C., ed. The Pacific in Transition: Geographical Perspectives on Adaptation and Change. London: Edward Arnold; Canberra: Australian National University Press, 1973.
- Brookfield, Harold C. with D. Hart. Melanesia: a Geographical Interpretation of an Island World. London: Methuen, 1971.
- Clarke, William C. Place and People: an Ecology of a New Guinean Community. Canberra: Australian National University Press; Berkeley: University of California Press, 1971.
- Howlett, Diana Rosemary. Papua New Guinea: Geography and Change. Melbourne: Nelson, rev. ed. 1973.
- Ward, R. Gerard and David A. M. Lea, ed. An Atlas of Papua and New Guinea. Port Moresby: Department of Geography, University of Papua and New Guinea, 1970.
5. Medicine and Public Health
- Burton-Bradley, Sir Burton G. Stone Age Crisis: A Psychiatric Appraisal. Nashville, Tennessee: Vanderbilt University Press, 1973.
- . A History of Medicine in Papua New Guinea: Vignettes of an Earlier Period. Kingsgrove, New South Wales: Australasian Medical Publishing, 1990.
- Burton-Bradley, Sir Burton G. and Otto Billig. The Painted Message. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Schenkman, 1978.
- Denoon, Donald and Roy MacLeod, ed. Health and Healing in Tropical Australia and Papua New Guinea. Townsville, Queensland: James Cook University, 1991.
- Denoon, Donald with Kathleen Dugan and Leslie Marshall. Public Health in Papua New Guinea: Medical Possibility and Social Constraint, 1884-1984. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1989.
- Ewers, William H. and W. T. Jeffrey. Parasites of Man in Niugini. Milton, Queensland: Jacaranda Press, 1971.
- Farquhar, Judith and D. Carleton Gajdusek. Kuru: Early Letters and Field-notes from the Collection of D. Carleton Gajdusek. New York: Raven Press, 1981.
- Frankel, Stephen and Gilbert Lewis. A Continuing Trial of Treatment: Medical Pluralism in Papua New Guinea. Dordrecht and Boston: Kluwer, 1989.
- Gillett, Joy E. The Health of Women in Papua New Guinea. Goroka: Papua New Guinea Institute of Medical Research, 1990.
- Godard, Michael. “Bedlam in Paradise: a Critical History of Psychiatry in Papua New Guinea.” Journal of Pacific History, v.27, no. 1, June 1992, pp. 55-72.
- Hornabrook, Richard W., ed. Essays on Kuru. Faringdon: E. W. Classey for Institute of Human Biology, 1976.
- Jeffries, Dougal J. From Kaukau to Coke: a Study of Rural and Urban Food Habits in Papua New Guinea. Canberra: Centre for Resource and Environmental Studies, Australian National University for UNESCO, 1979.
- Kettle, Ellen S. That They Might Live. Sydney:P. F. Leonard, 1979.
- Malcolm, L. A. Growth and Development in New Guinea: A Study of the Bundi People of the Madang District. Madang: Institute of Human Biology, 1970.
- Papua New Guinea National Health Plan, 1986-1990. Port Moresby: Department of Health, 1986.
- Reilly, Quentin. The Decentralisation of Health Services in Papua New Guinea: the Problem, the Method and the Results. Port Moresby: Department of Health, 1985.
- Sinnett, Peter F. The People of Murapin. Faringdon: E. W. Classey for Papua New Guinea Institute of Medical Research, 1975.
- Smith, D. E. and Michael J. Alpers, ed. Cigarette Smoking in Papua New Guinea. Goroka: Papua New Guinea Institute o Medical Research, 1984.
- . Village Water Supplies in Papua New Guinea. Goroka: Papua New Guinea Institute of Medical Research, 1985.
6. Natural History: Animals and Plants
- Beehler, Bruce McP. et al. Birds of New Guinea. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1986.
- Coates, Brian J. Birds in Papua New Guinea. Port Moresby: Robert Brown, 1977.
- . The Birds of Papua New Guinea, including the Bismarck Archipelago and Bougainville. Alderley, Queensland: Dove Publications, 1985-1990.
- Cooper, William T. and Joseph M. Forshaw. The Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds. Sydney: Collins, 1977.
- D’Abrera, Bernard. Butterflies of the Australian Region. Melbourne: Lansdowne, 1977.
- Gilliard, E. Thomas. Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 1969.
- Goode, John. Freshwater Tortoises of Australia and New Guinea (in the Family Chelidae) Melbourne: Lansdowne, 1967.
- Gressitt, J. Linsey and Richard W. Hornabrook. Handbook of Common New Guinea Beetles. Wau: Wau Ecology Institute, 1977.
- Hinton, Alan. Guide to Shells of Papua New Guinea. Port Moresby: Robert Brown, 1979.
- Lindgren, Eric. Wildlife in New Guinea. Sydney: Golden Press; London: Muller, 1975.
- Majnep, lan Saem and Ralph Bulmer, illustrations by Christopher Healey. Birds of my Kalam Country. Auckland: Auckland University Press; London: London University Press, 1977.
- Menzies, James I. Handbook of Common New Guinea Frogs. Wau: Wau Ecology Institute, 1976.
- . H. Handbook of New Guinea Rodents. Wau: Wau Ecology Institute, 1979.
- Millar, Andrée et al.; photographs by Roy and Margaret Mackay. Orchids of Papua New Guinea: an Introduction. Canberra: Australian National University Press, 1978.
- Munro, Ian Stafford Ross. The Fishes of New Guinea. Port Moresby: Department of Agriculture, Stock and Fisheries, 1967.
- Rand, Austin L. and E. Thomas Gilliard. Handbook of New Guinea Birds. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 1967.
- Rutgers, A., illustrations John Gould. Birds of New Guinea. London: Methuen, 1970.
- Whitaker, Rom and Zai Whitaker. Reptiles of Papua New Guinea. Port Moresby: Division of Wildlife, Department of Lands and Environment, 1982.