1. to buy
- baim bek redeem
- baim blut payback
- baim boi (buy boy) to recruit
- Man i bin baim pinis ol masin.
The man has bought all the machines.
- Man i go long maket bilong baim kaikai.
A man is going to the market to buy food.
- Pikinini i go long stua bilong baim rais.
The child is going to the store to buy rice.
2. to pay
- baim balus (buy airplane) to pay one’s plane fare
- Man i gat mani long baim balus.
The man has money to pay for his plane ticket.
- baim meri pay bride price
- baim kot (buy court) pay a fine; to bribe the court