1. a question, a request
- Askim bilong em i klia.
His question was clear.
- long bekim dispela askim to reply to this question
- Dispela askim i bin kam long opisa.
This question came up from the officer.
- Mi bin kisim wanpela askim.
I got a request.
- Ol i askim dona long sapotim projek.
The donors were requested to support the project.
2. to ask someone, to ask something, to request, to invite, to inquire
- Mi askim mama long kaikai.
I asked my mother for food.
- Minista i askim sapot long provinsel atoriti.
The Minister asked for support from the provincial authority.
- Em i askim mi long smokpepa.
He asked me for some cigarette paper.
- askim lewa to recollect, ponder