1. an anchor
- troimwe anka to drop anchor
- legoim anka to drop anchor
- No ken troimwe anka long rip.
Don’t drop your anchor on a reef.
- haisapim/hivapim/pulim anka to raise or weigh anchor
2. to be anchored, to ride at anchor
- Sip i anka i stap.
The ship is riding at anchor.
- Sip i anka long bris.
The boat is anchored at the wharf.
3. to settle down, to stay permanently in a place
- Mi anka long dispela ples.
I’m staying here for good.
- Mi marit, olsem mi anka pinis nau.
I’m married, so I can’t move anywhere now.
4. to anchor something, to prevent something from moving
- Mipela i laik ankaim ol gutpela wokman.
We want to make sure we keep all the good workers.